Codec packs. What are they? Do I need them?

This forum is all about CONTENT, cause content is king!
Post here about:
1. Movies/TV shows you think should be on ..
2. Movies/TV shows that have bad torrents that aren't working/bad quality/Cam recording.
3. Wrong indexing - The movie/TV show you wanted to watch plays a different movie/ TV show
4. Mixed up TV show episodes.
Etc.

Moderators: lizard, Babarikka, Sky

Forum rules
1. IF REPORTING ABOUT AN ERROR, PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR POST THE FOLLOWING .:
*. OF . YOU'RE USING *THE DEVICE AND OS,
*MOVIE/TV SHOW TITLE *INTERNET QUALITY (COUNTRY PROVIDER IF APPLICABLE OR AT LEAST INTERNET TEST SPEEDS)
*A . OF WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MOVIE/TV SHOW.
2. PLEASE SEARCH TO SEE IF YOUR MOVIE/TV SHOW REQUEST OR REPORT HAS BEEN REPORTED ALREADY!!!
DO NOT SWAMP THIS FORUM WITH THE SAME REPORTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN PLEASE. . WILL BE DELETED.
boxer G

Re: Codec packs. What are they? Do I need them?

Post by boxer G » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Hey guys, can you fix the new movie Creed. I think we need Xvid Codec. That would be awesome guys thanks.

Post by 0102232 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:53 pm

SjakieSmit wrote:The Xvid stuff is also aplicable on Bridge of Spies and Cigario!

Useless, Unfortunately. I hope the Popcorn time team finds something to deal with this.

Regs, Sjakie

mybirdsdontfly

No audio... pictures fine

Post by mybirdsdontfly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:33 am

I seem to have the opposite problem. .. on a bunch of movies I'll download onto my new Samsung Galaxy note 5, the picture/video will play perfectly fine but there is a small pop up that says I'm missing an audio codec, then disappears. I've been using PT for years and have never had a single problem. Is it something I need to get for my new phone that it's missing?

Thank you so much for your time

MedoSB

Post by MedoSB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 pm

It also says on the movie Creed

Poppycorn

Post by Poppycorn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:12 am

Please replace the faulty torrent on Bridge of Spies. It indicates that the xvid codec is required to play the movie. Thank you!

Renmar

Post by Renmar » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Crimson peak gives this message too.

Tracylyn

Post by Tracylyn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:13 pm

trying to watch crimson peak and keep getting readme.txt and it won't allow me to watch movie but all the data got pulled off my phone downloading and trying to watch cannot be put back and I still don't get to see the movie what's going on with us how do I get to watch this movie

Tracylyn

Post by Tracylyn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:18 pm

can someone let me know what movies you can watch because I've tried to do three different ones and they keep coming up with readme.txt code as my data megabytes whatever you want to call him keeps getting pulled off the phone and we all know we only have a certain amount of data a month unless you're paying outrageous prices somebody please help

sford

Post by sford » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Tried to wacth deadpool and got the codec. Would like to know how to proceede. Thanks

Ktulu

Bogus link sizes

Post by Ktulu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

I have found that the "need codec" links are always around 749mb, so if i see that a link is that size i automatically know it's bogus (with the exception of Deadpool which was over 800mb and was still spam) and wait for another link to show up. Do not EVER download anything from a third party site, it's bound to be malware. So generally if a link for a full size movie is over 850~900mb, it's probably good, but if it's almost exactly 750mb it's 90% sure to be crapular.

I too have gotten an "unsupported audio file" message with no sound playing for a few movies, most notably for me with SPL 2 (which really burns me b/c i was looking forward to it ). I don't know if this is spam or not but there doesn't seem to be any linkage so I'm guessing no.