Mac beta 4.9.1 bug report

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
bert storm

Cache not saving movies problem 4.9.1 Mac

Post by bert storm » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 am

Videos are not being stored in my cache intermittently since I updated to 4.9.1
I have tried changing storage directories and that worked one time, only.
I understand about the preferences check box to clear the cache on exit. I have it unchecked.

I have tried uninstalling, etc. I do not have a copy of 4.9 to revert back to. Dang. I like being able to store and playback movies later. One of the best features!

bert

JustDanManning

Re: Mac beta 4.9.1 bug report

Post by JustDanManning » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi, whenever I try to watch a movie it stays on 0% for a while and then comes up with "Error getting metadata! (-12)". I have the latest Macbook Pro with Retina display. What do I do? Tried putting in a screenshot but don't know how. Thanks

pjrobar

Post by pjrobar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 am

After copying . 4.9.1 to my HD it has a crossed out icon. If I launch it crashes. (Report attached below.) It starts correctly when launched from the . disk image. My HD's filesystem is case-sensitive is that matters.

Crash report: http://dropmefiles.com/bzCjs

khodadad

Post by khodadad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:58 pm

The same issue as some have . earlier.
I can open the program, and i get to access all the index ., and i can see that they have been updated with new titels.
But every time I try to watch a movie or a tv show, the happy popcorn guy keeps twerking, but nothing really happens. And after a while im sent back to the index ..
The program has acted like this since I updated.
Any ideas what the problem is ?

supercooper

Post by supercooper » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi all

I'm having two issues:

Firstly, I've got problems with choppy streaming to my Apple TV over airplay.
I've got a Netgear N600 dual band DSL router and put the wireless link between my macbook and AppleTV on the 5GHZ band while keeping the rest of my connected devices such as mobile phones and my printer on the lower band. This should theoretically eliminate any available bandwidth issues between my laptop and TV. Problem is, I'm still getting a noticeable amount of choppy play on the TV, but when I watch movies on just the laptop without casting it to the AppleTV over airplay it looks fine.
My actual DSL . is an unshaped 10meg line, so it should be adequate for the job.

Second problem:
Sometimes I'll be watching a movie on just the laptop and the movie will just freeze as if it's stuck. It's definitely not a buffering issue because the freeze will always be in the same place in the playline on the particular movie. I can start up another movie and it'll all be fine, but if I go back to that exact place on that particular movie it'll freeze again.
Is anyone else having this?
Any ideas what it could be?

Looking forward to some clarity and thanking in advance.

Paddy5000

Post by Paddy5000 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi,
First off your app is incredible. Thank you so much. I have 2 Apple TV2's. Unfortunately even though your app appears to recognize one Apple TV, but does not recognize the other and sadly while it does appear to start to play on the one it recognizes , within 2 or 3 minutes it freezes. So at the end of the day it does not play on my 2 Apple TV2's. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me resolve this problem as I really love your app and would love to enjoy it in all it's glory on TV. BTW the VPN is disconnected.
Thanks

fhurstel

Post by fhurstel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:19 am

anonb wrote:Similar to the clarencelinh, I am unable to stream with the VPN connected. It says "error getting metadata!" (-12)
I have not had any issues with the VPN disconnected. I received an email through my ISP from Paramount Pictures with a warning for streaming TMNT.

I am having the same exact problem , for some reason the VPN is blocking stream pretty much all movies. Please fix thanks

Paddy5000

Post by Paddy5000 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:51 pm

" Hi,
First off your app is incredible. Thank you so much. I have 2 Apple TV2's. Unfortunately even though your app appears to recognize one Apple TV, but does not recognize the other and sadly while it does appear to start to play on the one it recognizes , within 2 or 3 minutes it freezes. So at the end of the day it does not play on my 2 Apple TV2's. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me resolve this problem as I really love your app and would love to enjoy it in all it's glory on TV. BTW the VPN is disconnected.
Thanks "

UPDATE:

All movies I have tried, seem to play fine on my computer, but sadly does not play on either of my 2 Apple Tv 2's which naturally is the manner in which I prefer to watch movies. One minute this app seems to acknowledge the existence of both Apple Tv 2's and the next minute just one. But either way will not play on either one. Thus far sorry to say I am disappointed. I'm sure this will be a terrific app once all the bugs are ironed out.

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Post by popcorn-time » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:10 am

fhurstel wrote:
anonb wrote:Similar to the clarencelinh, I am unable to stream with the VPN connected. It says "error getting metadata!" (-12)
I have not had any issues with the VPN disconnected. I received an email through my ISP from Paramount Pictures with a warning for streaming TMNT.

I am having the same exact problem , for some reason the VPN is blocking stream pretty much all movies. Please fix thanks
If you would have browsed through this thread, you would have seen that we explained the issue with VPN already...
popcorn-time wrote: Hi All,

One more quick update:

As you all have probably noticed already, VPN is not working. Or better say, it works for some... Kebrum, our provider can only support a certain amount of users simultaneously, so it's kinda on "first come first serve" basis...

We are working on a . together with Kebrum, but it may take a bit longer.

So if you're unable to play movies/TV shows with the VPN turned off, this is a separate bug and has to do with VPN and not with Android app. If things aren't playing when VPN is turned off, then it should be reported here.

Thanks for your patience.

pearlofoi

Mac beta 4 9 1 bug report

Post by pearlofoi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 am

Thanks for the improvements HQ.

If my bug report got deleted and it wasnt fixed and doesnt show up as a duplicate with search then what do you suggest I do?