Popcorn time won't install windows 8.1

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
Loffee

Popcorn time won't install windows 8.1

Post by Loffee » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Hey i just built my new computer and was going to install ., when i launch the installer it works but when it comes to the installing it just closes automaticly everytime at different times but never so the . can complete? any . on how to fix it?

Loffee

Re: Popcorn time won't install windows 8.1

Post by Loffee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:16 am

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am

Frankly speaking - no idea about what is happening. Please try to disable any AV software, and please try to install v5.2 as soon as it goes live. Please keep us informed!

Loffee

Post by Loffee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Okey will do that :)

Loffee

Post by Loffee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm

well its kinda strange does not work with 5.2 either but it is only my desktop it will not work on :/ guess il just use my gf's computer for . then : P

systemlord2000

Post by systemlord2000 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi, I watched your video capture and I can see that your system was extracting files. That's not right. It means you've downloaded a compressed "zip" file from some other web site which may be unreliable and loaded with malware. My advice to you is do a full scan for viruses/malware, and once you've sure your system is clean, download the proper .exe installer from the correct web site http://popcorn-time.se/

Note to PT: One of the things I've noticed is that you don't seem to give out a proper download link when you release a new .. If you make a point of doing that, users like this one could avoid the spammers. ;)

Loffee

Post by Loffee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:21 pm

well it was downloaded from popcorn-time.se original website and i noticed that myself because when i installed it on by gf's desktop the . was different, and this is a brand new computer so it has no adware/malware or viruses :) but thanks anyways mate :D

EDIT: did now transfer the exact same setup file i used on my gf's computer still happens the same o.O

systemlord2000

Post by systemlord2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:44 am

Strange. You could try installing in safe mode?

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 pm

. is normal, because the installer is packed anyway. What is not normal, is that installer just closes unexpectedly.

stevecane

Post by stevecane » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:11 am

The . is necessary because through this you become an expert and get acknowledge about different important aspects. . software will help children and elders to teach themselves reading, writing and arithmetic skills. provides authentic IT . exams . material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt.