PT crashes as soon as it starts.

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
Icehinn

PT crashes as soon as it starts.

Post by Icehinn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Hey there!

PT worked like a charm on my PC before, but since I reinstalled Win 8.1 it just crashes and says "It stopped working" as soon as it opens. As I said, it used to work perfectly on the computer and works at the moment on my Android phone. It is the 6.1 ., the lastest according to the web site.
I tried admin mode, wifi and cable, my internet is good, and I tried reinstalling it a thousand times.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PS: Screenshot is just spanish for: "It stopped working".
Attachments
c47c5d9e52a8794b109997c091ae8cea.png
c47c5d9e52a8794b109997c091ae8cea.png (48.92 KiB) Viewed 973 times

nubito

Re: PT crashes as soon as it starts.

Post by nubito » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:32 pm

As an . PT can't handle non Latin characters at different paths and that's way an app crashes all the time. If you are able - try to install PT on English Windows or try to set your system language as English (download appropriate language pack if it is required), restart OS re-install PT.

Icehinn

Re: PT crashes as soon as it starts.

Post by Icehinn » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 pm

nubito wrote:As an . PT can't handle non Latin characters at different paths and that's way an app crashes all the time. If you are able - try to install PT on English Windows or try to set your system language as English (download appropriate language pack if it is required), restart OS re-install PT.
That has not fixed it, unfortunately. Thanks for the info, though!

https://gyazo.com/f2c8a7689e9c27fa68d5a87873c3358b