VPN

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
redjackel

VPN

Post by redjackel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:56 am

I'm using unotelly vpn and attempting to do so with chromecast. What I'm noticing is that when my vpn is active there is not . to select chromecast, but if . the movie and I'm not using vpn the . becomes available. Any way of fixing this? This has been an issue for many months now.

hjorten

Re: VPN

Post by hjorten » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:38 am

have same problem. i use cyperghost vpn...

cpr687

Re: VPN crashes popcorntime

Post by cpr687 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:59 pm

I am running Vista it has been working great but starting as soon as I got new . cant run with VPN it just crashes tried several differnt things still crashes works fine without VPN but of coarse Chromecast is down I know you are working on that.

cpr687

Post by cpr687 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:16 pm

I would try the . I had but dont know where to get it that was working so well on my system I think I just need to get it back where are older .?

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Post by popcorn-time » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi everyone,

We made some infrastructure improvements on our built in VPN and when testing it in our environment it worked well, so you can also try our built in VPN. Let us know if it works for you.

cpr687

Post by cpr687 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Im cunfused do you mean we dont have to manualy turn on vpn anymore its already on? O and yeah chromecast is there just scroll it.Sorry about that.Anyway still no matter what I try to watch when I turn on vpn it just crashes popcorn still this started just as soon as I got update before that it had been working better then ever before.I hate getting those emails from my provider dont think they can really do anything about it but still hate emails the wierd thing is its always about one of the lame movies never the ones you would think it would be about like Mockingjay or something.The good news is without vpn popcorn works fantastic even with very low peers it may just load a little more slowly and I have a really old windows Vista running on high speed internet hard line.

jonnyqwest

Post by jonnyqwest » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:25 am

I just paid $39.99 on March 20 for VPT for .. Now it's free!!! What gives?

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Post by popcorn-time » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 am

I just paid $39.99 on March 20 for VPT for .. Now it's free!!! What gives?
Our built in VPN is free and has always been free! If you paid for VPN you were using some other . of PT. Not ours.
Im cunfused do you mean we dont have to manualy turn on vpn anymore its already on?
No, we did not say that. You need to turn it on, hence make sure the lockpad icon top right corner is locked!

gdlover

Post by gdlover » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:15 am

I just opened . and clicked on the lock icon, a popup screen opened. When I clicked create account, I was given several plans to choose
from for a fee. https://vpn.ht/. Is this not your service or your website?
I have my own VPN and I believe this is the problem everyone is having with . and Chromecast compatibility issues.

hjorten

Post by hjorten » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 am

i use cyberghost vpn... install . 5.2.2 and yuse win 8.1
and if you turn on your own vpn.start popcorn chromecast is not on the list...
but what i dont understand is that appletv dont go away...

why only chromecast....