Black screen in PT 6.2 windows 7

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
natsbx

Black screen in PT 6.2 windows 7

Post by natsbx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am

Hello! Sorry to bother you. I tried downloading Popcorn in my Acer Aspire One netbook, Windows 7 starter, the latest one 6.2 and every time it starts as usual, with the logo and black cat eating popcorn at a cinema and then it just turns completely black. You can maximize and minimize the black screen but that's it. You even need to close it with right click on the icon and manually select "close window".

I waited, nothing, I uninstalled, deleted everything including cache, and installed it again from https://getpopcorntime.is/windows.html, nothing, I checked the firewall, app was allowed, nothing... I even tried downloading the older apps but they won't run. VPN was never needed, I'm in Guatemala so government doesn't care about piracy. Runs fine in my Android and in another computer I have. Any help please?

The netbook is the only device I can connect to the TV using HDMI but I can't use Popcorn. It's also the first time I try downloading it with this device so I can't tell if older apps worked or not.

Another thing... I downloaded a movie from Popcorn in my Android device. Is there a way to copy and paste that download to my netbook? So I can play it there?

Thank you for your time and hopefully you know how to fix it XD
black screen.jpg
screenshot
black screen.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 805 times

natsbx

Re: Black screen in PT 6.2 windows 7

Post by natsbx » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 am

Ok so... I have a Copaq laptop and 6.2 worked perfectly. I also found out that I was able to run Popcorn app 4.4 for Windows 7 - 32 bits specifically in this Acer netbook I am having issues with, and worked pretty nice. Only issue is that it doesn't have the latest movies... 6.1, 5.5, 5.4 didn't work. So... maybe it's a device compatibility issue? Please help.

John Brayton

Post by John Brayton » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 am

yes, probably you faced with compatibility issue
you can try to update drivers for videocard

Nodio

Post by Nodio » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 pm

If it was a video card issue, probably problems is not only with ., but always is better who dont know that is the problem is point to video card, dude, if you cannot help, just shut up please