Popcorn time´s window won´t open

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
venettia

Popcorn time´s window won´t open

Post by venettia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:21 am

When i click on the popcorn-time icon, nothing happens. It says it´s open, but no popcorn-time. Anyone?

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Re: Popcorn time´s window won´t open

Post by popcorn-time » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 am

We're having some start up time issues... Normally if you'd wait about a minute or a minute in a half, it would open... We're working on fixing this for next update, so stay tuned!

bill_gr

Post by bill_gr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:16 pm

I have exactly the same problem. I keep clicking on the . icon, and simply nothing happens. I uninstalled and re-installed the app, but still nothing happens. I'm using windows 8.

popcorn-time
Site Admin

Post by popcorn-time » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:25 pm

bill_gr wrote:I have exactly the same problem. I keep clicking on the . icon, and simply nothing happens. I uninstalled and re-installed the app, but still nothing happens. I'm using windows 8.
As we wrote above, these are start up issues. If you wait a minute/minute and a half it should open. Does it not?
. we're working on fixing this, but if it does not open at all, then this is something we need to know. Please let us know if it does not open for you after some time.

Thanks.

Aleger

Post by Aleger » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:56 am

I have the same problem. Despite waiting minutes and up to one hour, it is not opening. I am using . 3.8-0. I have downloaded and reinstalled it without success. It used to work fine before. I am running it on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4..

Hellaluyah

Post by Hellaluyah » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:38 am

Me too, same exact problem. Using Windows 8.1. Have only just noticed this today, and haven't used PCT in about 4 or 5 days.

adg

Post by adg » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:49 pm

. is not working even after waiting for a few minutes. Just shutting down own its own. I am using it on Windows 10. Tried reinstalling. Nothing works. . 6.0

John Brayton

Post by John Brayton » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm

try to download the newest vers of app
at: getpopcorntime.is