copyrighted content email from internet provider

Talk to us and your community about anything you want here. Thoughts, ., concerns, compliments... just general things. You know.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

lshscully

copyrighted content email from internet provider

Post by lshscully » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:24 pm

We have been enjoying . beta for awhile now and just last week I received a LONG email from our cable company/internet provider, the gist of it is this; "Your internet . is being used to share copyrighted material using a peer to peer file share program". It was a specific movie opened on . (didn't even watch it!). The email seemed to be generated from FOX? Any comments or advice on this??
Thanks!

billyran

Re: copyrighted content email from internet provider

Post by billyran » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:45 pm

I also received one of these from att , honestly scared the crap out of me. I was even aware of what a vpn was when I would get the message about turning one on before getting a movie. Sure would like to converse with someone about safe way to use this program.

Shandemo

Post by Shandemo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I too just got a notice from my service provider yesterday in the mail... Scared the crap out of me. So much so that sadly I am now terrified to even use PT anymore.

lizard

Post by lizard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 am

Hi, unfortunately PT is used to watch any torrents available on the internet while some of them are restricted in certain countries.
So if you are not sure but still want to watch please use VPN service to avoid this problem in the future.

christianzweig

Post by christianzweig » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:49 pm

wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person