Change cache folder to Ext SD Card (Android)

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with .. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make . better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older .. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet . stable?
- Did you try to run . as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet .?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The . are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.
arstocker

Change cache folder to Ext SD Card (Android)

Post by arstocker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:24 am

I am trying to change the cache folder to the ext sd card on my Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 and I am getting an error "Cannot write to this folder. No write access". I have tried multiple SD cards with the same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

raklefanten

Re: Change cache folder to Ext SD Card (Android)

Post by raklefanten » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm

I have the exact same problem with the exact same phone and OS. Please advise. :?: :?: :?:

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:22 pm

That's not the problem with SD Card itself, but with write . I think. Personally I have no idea, we will investigate.

Meidey

Post by Meidey » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Android 5.0 (Lollipop) now supports writing to SD card again. On Lollipop user is asked to confirm if . can write to specific folder, however . Android app does not support this . yet. Could it be possible for developers to investigate possible ways how to implement it?

Here are some topics about this:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android-5-0-sd-cards/
http://stackoverflow.com/./2674 ... r-lollipop

And this . can already be seen in multiple apps on Play Store, for example, Root Explorer

popcorn

Post by popcorn » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:24 am

Meidey wrote:Android 5.0 (Lollipop) now supports writing to SD card again. On Lollipop user is asked to confirm if . can write to specific folder, however . Android app does not support this . yet. Could it be possible for developers to investigate possible ways how to implement it?

Here are some topics about this:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android-5-0-sd-cards/
http://stackoverflow.com/./2674 ... r-lollipop

And this . can already be seen in multiple apps on Play Store, for example, Root Explorer
Hi,

Thanks for .. We will look this.

Jecpvanbuul

Post by Jecpvanbuul » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Having the same problem. Bought a 128gb micro sd and now I can not use it :(

Hankers

Post by Hankers » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Jecpvanbuul wrote:Having the same problem. Bought a 128gb micro sd and now I can not use it :(
You could always download content to your internal memory then move the files to your SD card.

Jecpvanbuul

Post by Jecpvanbuul » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:45 pm

I could.. And already do. But the whole point of a bigger card is to be able to do multiple downloads or just have a few ready to play whenever I need them for movie night without the hassle of doing it 1 by 1 on the night itself. I just have room for 1 movie/series of 1.4gb at the time now..

popcorn

Post by popcorn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 am

Hi to all.

Currently we preparing new . which have possibility save content to SD card.
Stay tuned.