Mobile data consumption!

This is where you can talk to us and your fellow users about issues you're having with .. Get advice on how to solve issues, communicate things to us and help us make . better!

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!
(Unless the report is very old and talks about an older .. Please don't post on old threads).

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING (THE ONES THAT ARE APPLICABLE) . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
- Is your internet . stable?
- Did you try to run . as an Administrator?
- Did you try this on another device?
- Did you try this on another internet .?
- Did you try it on wifi and cable?
**The . are just for guidance, no need to answer all of them if not applicable, but the more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
3. If the issue you're experiencing is on desktop, report it on the "everything desktop" sub-forum. If the issue you're experiencing is on mobile, please report it on the "everything mobile" sub-forum.
jjjjj

Mobile data consumption!

Post by jjjjj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi,

Android 2.7.1 .. Everyday I have mobile data . even without using the app.

Screenshots attached.

Uninstalling until I get response about what data is uploaded or downloaded.

Thanks
Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-47-33.png
Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-47-33.png (116.12 KiB) Viewed 4620 times
Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-41-38.png
Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-41-38.png (121.02 KiB) Viewed 4620 times

popcorn

Re: Mobile data consumption!

Post by popcorn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Popcorn app don't use internet if you exit. If you hide app(use home button) app still work and video keep download for example. In settings you can enable "Use only wi-fi ." ..

jjjjj

Post by jjjjj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:39 pm

I had "Use only wi-fi ." checked and exit the app with double tap (even remove the app from taskmanager).

I'll check if it was a one-time issue...

Thanks for the response.

cris

Post by cris » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 am

The data that is being used is called BACK GROUND DATA. It should not be as bad as it looks. That's a normal process of the mobile phone when using some .. You can try the . called restrict back ground data. But the app might not work. For example, if you turn off the back ground data for Google, you can't get on the web page that your looking for. Also even though your using the wifi, background data is still needed to make the app work. Hope this helps.

IluvMovies

Post by IluvMovies » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:58 pm

There is definitely something wrong with background data . on the Android platform. First of all, I have . configured to only use WiFi. and secondly, I didn't use it at all this month. I just looked at my phone data usage (after receiving a warning from my cellular provider) and . had devoured 825 MB in the background!

I decided to uninstall it until this is fixed. That's just way too much unauthorized background data usage. Especially when I haven't watched anything and background data transfer is explicitly disabled.

wake800

Post by wake800 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 pm

I a m having the same problem not opening or even using the app and the data . is oer 800mb, what can we doo i use it very seldom but like having the app on the phone.
Has this issue been fixed!

Lunalily

Post by Lunalily » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 am

I am having this issue but it's not background data. I have an android. Galaxy s7 edge. I have set the app to use on . in the settings. And I have restricted background data. But I'm still getting warnings daily about going over the limit on my data. I had it set to warn me at 2GB. When I go into data usage on my phone it shows . at the top. And says it's used 2.08gb of data. And thats NOT background data. The background data is at about 200mb..but it says today alone I've used 2gb.... haven't used it. I closed out of it over a week ago and I checked the settings and it's still .. I pay for data so it's an issue. Please help.

Sdiari47

Post by Sdiari47 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:49 am

I am very happy to have a look at these details. In order to grow your business it is definitely important to find out appropriate strategies that easy to manage and provide good revenue. I also have been using business text messaging app for a long time and it is continuing to provide me wonderful results.

amekassa90

Post by amekassa90 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm

wake800 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 pm
I a m having the same problem not opening or even using the app and the data . is oer 800mb, what can we doo i use it very seldom but like having the app on the phone.
Has this issue been fixed!
n order to grow your business it is definitely important to find out appropriate strategies that easy to manage and provide good revenue. I also have been using business text messaging app for a long time and it is continuing to provide me wonderful results.